Tuesday, November 8, 2011

This Week

So I know that I have not written much within the last week, however it has been quite busy. My Grandpa's sister passed away from Breast  Cancer last week, so the weekend was filled with preparation and sadness. On Saturday I got an outfit to wear, and Sunday I worked until 1 and went to the wake. The people who came were very thoughtful. I did not think my Great Grandma could handle it, but I think these people who showed up gave her relief. However, we provided food and beverages for the people who came and one family went into the room where the food was, and the husband said, "Okay kids, fill grab something to drink and eat." The kids shoved cans of soda into their pockets and gabbed tons of food. The wife didn't take anything because we did not have cherry coke, and then she had the nerve to comment on my grandmother's Cadillac. Although people came to be respectful and mourn, some people were truly rude. My aunt's boss showed up and signed the guest book and left. I credit him for coming, but not to say a word is rude. It was a great time of gathering and discussing the wonderful woman my aunt was, but also a big time of sadness. Monday morning I did not attend classes even though my English teacher said he would drop me, and I went to the funeral. I did a reading at mass, and the day went by fairly quickly. The groundsmen at the cemetery were rude and threw around peoples decorations ot make room for the trucks, but even worse they moved out flowers from where we put them after we left. It has been such a tough week, but thank you to everyone who was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment